AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rate Control on Rogator with Viper Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/23/2024 07:47 (#10822538 - in reply to #10821384)
Subject: RE: Rate Control on Rogator with Viper Pro

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
samshryock - 7/22/2024 08:28

Thank you for the info. Ill see if the raven system has settings like that to adjust. Hopefully the min pwm number being raised fixes it.

Yesterday, I talked with my Great Nephew who has an STS12 that is using a Viper to control it. His concern was the opposite of yours in the sense that his standby pressure with all sections OFF seemed higher than he cared for. When the booms were turned back ON, the pressure and target rate returned to acceptable values as his ground speed returned to normal.

I refreshed his memory that the initial higher pressure was probably not resulting in a terribly excessive rate at first sine the tips are somewhat self-limiting since to double the rate requires the square of the pressure. The rate would probably be slightly high due to the pressure and reduced ground speed at that time.

He is going to lower his LOW PWM setting one number at a time and observe the effect on the situation. I reminded him that it may be desirable to change this LOW PWM setting for different situations and it might be wise to make a note of what works well for future reference.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)