AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fungicide on beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DBindiana
Posted 7/25/2024 06:30 (#10825250 - in reply to #10825148)
Subject: RE: Fungicide on beans

West Central Indiana
tkoppel - 7/25/2024 01:37

DeereMan97 - 7/24/2024 22:05

We do soy fungicide every year. Seems to always pay us back better than corn fungicide on average.

Our check strips have averaged around 5-7 bu/ac more where we applied vs where we didn’t.

We’ve been using revytek and miravis top. Don’t use generic quilt xl, it’s trash and not worth your time

If you do it, be sure to run insecticide also

Not to argue, but why be sure to use insecticide, particularly if there's no obvious pest to control? Does the oil in something like Mustang improve the efficacy of the fungicide?
Because it massively helps. I'm not saying you, but I always get a laugh out guys saying it doesn't pay to spray beans. Then you find out they didn't add insecticide or left out other stuff and are mad they saw no yield difference. We did trials for years and now spray everything. A lot of years I think we get as much help from the insecticide as we do the fungicide. If you want to raise 80 bushel plus beans you can't let stink bugs drill any pods or beetles take any leaf tissue. An insecticide is a must. Some years we might just get our money back and couple bushel gain with fungicide and insecticide. Other years it's massive. I think it was 2018 the sprayed compared to unsprayed was 12-bushel difference. Those kinds of gains can pay for a lot of other years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)