AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foliar Feed or snake oil?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEIAAG
Posted 7/25/2024 19:41 (#10826192 - in reply to #10825661)
Subject: RE: Foliar Feed or snake oil?

Walton Farms - 7/25/2024 12:12

Rented about 100 acres this year that borders 28 that I have farmed for several years. Planting straight across the line now and it appears my fertility program has been better than the new ground I acquired by the looks of the beans.

My seed dealer (who doesn't deal in chemicals) wanted me to try this product, I'm really hard headed on trying stuff like this and had never heard of this brand but I gave in. On the post past I loaded the sprayer, sprayed 90' from one end to the other and then dumped this in the tank. Same thing at fungicide/insecticide, sprayed 90' same tract without them dumped this in.

Ran a quart both times @ $10/acre. All I could think about was how I normally put hundreds of pounds per acre on, how is this stuff going to help putting on a quart?

I don't have a yield monitor, will be interesting what the weigh wagon shows, especially on the good side of the fertility fence vs the new ground. Anyone used this stuff or something similar?

Don't get your expectations too high. If that product addresses your first yield limiting factor, you may see a bump, otherwise nothing. I have sprayed alot of similar products and a quart isn't much. And at $40 a gallon, honestly you got hosed. Best advice offered was by Weedman.

Take care

Edited by NEIAAG 7/25/2024 19:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)