AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Favorite starch foods
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Headland
Posted 7/26/2024 06:59 (#10826655 - in reply to #10826619)
Subject: RE: Favorite starch foods

Malta, Illinois
Yes, I know what you mean. It was probably about ten years ago when we started looking at eating habits and overall we feel better although I have had some health issues which seem to have been unrelated to diet. The energy level is a really big thing. When you are not laboring to carry excessive weight it makes it easier to breathe thus giving more energy. I know what you mean about fresh baked bread. There isn't anything much better. My wife is the one who has a weakness for that but her digestive issues no longer allow her to eat much bread or dairy. When I was younger I would slather butter on bread, potatoes, corn and whatever. Now on the rare occasion I have bread or potatoes I don't use butter. About the only time I ever touch butter is for sweet corn. It isn't that I don't like it or that I think it is bad for me. I just have no appetite for it or desire to use it. Kind of weird actually. That has evolved over the past twenty years of so. As I told John, sweets are my kryptonite. Cookies and ice cream! I will still have those things on occasion and greatly enjoy them but use them sparingly compared to ten years ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)