AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

case IH approves 100% biodiesel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/2/2007 11:08 (#113610 - in reply to #113592)
Subject: RE: case IH approves 100% biodiesel CHECK SUBJECT!!

Chebanse, IL.....

IA HAWKS

Maybe I misunderstand your subject line....or semantics is a problem here. But-one might read your subject as saying CIH approves 100% biodiesel.... To some (me) that might mean the approve use of 100% biodiesel FORMULATION...vs more typical farm use blends of B2, B5, B11, B20, B??, etc. However, I think what your link to CIH press release shows is that one has to read a little closer.

Every engine in every piece of Case IH agricultural equipment being sold in every country around the world is approved to use a five percent blend (B5) of an approved biodiesel fuel.  And that's only the beginning

Am I reading this wrong from you or CIH? My apologies to whomever. But, they go on to say that B20 is approved in certain models (depending?) and B100 is approved now in many new pieces (depending). I assume one would want to check w/CIH dealer? 

At any rate, it's good news, no doubt. A positive. Along with that same press release I see that they are utilizing a new fleet of Ford F150 that area E85 ready. I'm not sure how they'll encourage drivers to utilize E85...but again, it's positive on the part of CIH. I thank them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)