AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez-steer offset... [part two
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ironwood
Posted 5/11/2006 14:02 (#11401 - in reply to #11382)
Subject: Re: ez-steer offset... [part two

southern mn
I cut the ant/imp offset from 204 inches to 150 inches. This is the distance between your implement and antenna mounted on the tractor. 204 is the actual distance but it seems to work a lot better at 150 inches. I only ran it for a few rounds after that. Having trouble yet finding ground that is fit after 3 inches of rain 10 days ago. As far as the guess row I saw an immediate improvement in performance, to the point I know I couldn't do as well manually. I'm set at 17 angle and 100% aggressiveness. Very important to get freeplay set right. Mine is at 1.1 inches each way. If you are too low, it has to activate twice to get a reaction to the steering. Say I was set at 1 inch. Then it would move it one inch but the steering wouldn't react. It would move it again and all of a sudden it would be 2 inches. Then correct back and you have oscillations. The 17 angle gets me back on line quicker with small hardly noticeable oscillations. I think I've tried ever setting under the sun and this seems to work best for me. I could get in it tomorrow and it will not work right, but I'm hoping this cures the problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)