AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

blank zones in in floor heat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 3/4/2007 08:55 (#114488 - in reply to #113005)
Subject: RE: blank zones in in floor heat

Thumb of Michigan
Here's (another) one of those things I would have known about before our shop went up- I was in a shop where the guy has some lathes, mills, drill presses, etc being used. He did, by the way, do a lot better job of mapping his heat runs than I did, too. Anyway, he had done a lot of measuring and planning based on the layout in his old shop. He set some I or H beams based on the base dimensions of the machines in the concrete in the new shop. I suppose he could have just left a blank area to be sure, but he didn't want to stand on cooler cement when he was using the machines. Suprisingly (to me anyway) the base dimensions on most of his machines were very close. Not sure if that idea would work in your situation, but it sure was a slick way to anchor stuff without worrying about hitting the floor heat lines. Another plus, at least in his mind, was that the weight of the machines were spread out over iron rather than concrete. Thought it would probably be easier on the cement over time. The shop is quite a ways away from me, but I think I had pics somewhere. If I do find them, I'll try to post them.

A neighbor did something kind of similar for his floor tie downs. He laid some I beams parellel to each other, re-rodded and braced the heck out of them. They're obviously level on the top with the cement. He just welds to the beams when he needs to straighten or bend something, grinds the weld off when he's done. He's been happy with that set up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)