AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

value of excavator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

briggsfm
Posted 3/16/2007 05:56 (#120582)
Subject: value of excavator

Scottville, 49454 Northwest Michigan
Local guy is interested in selling me a Cat 110 excavator. I would say it's probably in fair to average condition. I ran it myself for about two hours last fall and thought it ran well. But I have essentially no experience operating or owning an excavator. He's asking $26,500 for it. Machinery Pete from the "Facts Report" shows one in good condition sold at an auction in 1999 for $22,500. Consequently, I think he's on the high side. Possibly, very much so. I have no experience valuing construction equipment. Do any of you have an idea what this excavator might be worth? We've got to build another lagoon this summer, 150feet by 250 feet by 9 feet. We have pretty much everything we need to do the job except an excavator. We're thinking it would be profitable to invest in the excavator and do the job ourselves. I think we could do the major work in a week of long days and avoid paying someone else probably somewhere in the neighborhood of about thirty grand to do the job. Plus, I know we'll find other jobs for it, such as drainage ditch cleanouts and so forth. Have any of you considered such an endeavor and if so, looking back, do you think it was a wise decision?

thanks for your time, gordon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)