AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Engine oil on cat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JDH SE IA
Posted 10/30/2010 13:00 (#1414298 - in reply to #1414047)
Subject: RE: JDH SE IA _ It was really a joke and I've been told before!!!

Burlington, IA
Jim, read my response to Niklass. As I said there, I'm not out to crucify you, I'm not asking you to remove it, or that you need to be anonymous. My intent was to make a point. Now that I understand better your intent, I'm not blaming you. I still say that there are some topics that don't lend themselves well to humor, and imho animal abuse is one. My sense of humor just doesn't extend into that area. And it's a more serious issue than many people think. There is a mounting pile of evidence that shows that a good number of murderers, especially repeat or serial killers, got their start by abusing/killing small animals at an earlier age, and progressed from there. There are reports popping up more frequently of livestock or horses, that have been mistreated/abused/not fed, and the farmer in most of us doesn't understand/agree with that abuse, yet abusing a cat or dog is ok, maybe even funny. There was a true story within the last couple of years that made the news, up by the Quad Cities, of a cat who was found nailed by its front paws to a utility pole. Now, that's just sick. It was rescued still alive, and given shelter and vet attention. They initially thought he was going to make it, but he died 2 or 3 days later. Judging from some of past and current postings on this site, there are a few posters (Not you) who'd think that was great. And the perp hasn't been caught. Of course, none of this kind of stuff should give me any kind of reason not to find any hint toward animal abuse funny/acceptable.

Maybe I'm simply naive, but I'm still surprised that a businessman would say anything publicly that could be taken the wrong way, although I guess it wouldn't be the first time. For example, even though I have definite views, (and maybe because I have them) I'm extremely cautious about discussing politics or religion with any of my seed clients or dealers at any time, and never, ever, unless they bring it up first.

Jim, you go ahead and say whatever you want, and don't mind me. Obviously, I'm the one who needs to shut up. There's lots of stuff going in our country, and even our own neighborhoods, that more people need to speak up and take a stand on, who don't/aren't, and I'm guilty of it as well. Yet, in the last few days, I speak up twice and take a stand for what I think is right for once, and I'm the bad guy! I shouldn't be surprised, and aren't, I guess. So be it. I know better than to think I can change human nature. At least I spoke up for what I think is right.

JDH

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)