AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ 500 and implement (width) changes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

alange
Posted 5/25/2007 02:15 (#154075 - in reply to #153881)
Subject: Re: EZ 500 and implement (width) changes

Sunnyvale, CA
On the web is a new release 1.01.017. I am assuming that you have loaded that version. If you have a different version, you can get version 1.01.017 at www.ez-guide.com After power up, if I go to Reset Guidance and press OK, I immediately get the screen to set implement width, and the starting point is 60 feet. Since it is 40 feet in your unit, it does mean that someone has set htat velue into the unit. I can use the up and down arrow to change this implent width value. Then I press OK and the implement width is set, and it then it allows me to set overlap or skip width. I press up or down arrow to get the value I want and press OK, then it allows me to set antenna to implement offset distance. Again I can press up or down arrow and then press OK. I then get to choose a pattern type, for instance AB and I return to the home scrfeen (green with blue tractor.) If I press press X (top left button) or the ESC button on the top right rear before I have chosen a pattern and completed the resetting of guidance activity, I can back up to the home screen and revert to the previously set values, and the implement width (and skip distance and antenna offset) will revert to their previously set value, without changing the implemnent width to any of my new settings. Are you sure you are finishing the reset guidance wizard by pressing OK all the way through the process? If you try to set only the implent width, you cannot use ESC to skip making any other changes and still keep your new setting.

Try it again and make sure you use OK to step through the reset guidance setup wizard until you get back to the main screen, including choosing a pattern. to get back to the home screen. If you choose reset guidance again, you will see it is now set to your new implement width. The reset guidance wizard will not let you only change implement width and then ESC back to the home screen. That behavior of the ESC button is to allow you to revert to your original values without changing anything in case you start the wizard and then change your mind and want to revert to the values you previously had chosen. It sounds like you might not be completing the setup wizard with the OK button.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)