AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight, Raven NH3 Harness
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Tradesman
Posted 5/28/2007 14:49 (#155428 - in reply to #155318)
Subject: Re: Insight, Raven NH3 Harness

What I have is the Raven NH3 on my applicator that I have had for 8-10 years. We used a 440 monitor to do this in the past. We use a Gromo valve to turn on and off the flow of NH3. This is done with the hydraulics on the tractor. We also used a master switch to turn on/off the 440 by the 12V. This is all done with the fast servo valve and a Raven flow meter.

What I have now is; First a sprayer with an Insight and all of the cables to spray with. We are doing this with the Raven adaptor cable, direct command and the Liquid control module.
I took all of the cables out of the tractor and put them in the sprayer and I don't want to remove them. I have two Insights and did put on NH3 last year with the Raven adaptor cable which is now in the sprayer.
I also have a strip till unit that we use to put on NH3 with a new Raven Accuflow system and the two Raven valves. One for flow and one for on/off.
What I want to do is leave all of this on the strip till and in the sprayer. I could take the Liquid control module off the strip till and use it!
Is there a way to use the cabling that I use for the strip till and connect it to the old Raven NH3 valves or do I have to use the Raven adaptor cable, (4000425)?
If you were to look at the new Insight manual page 399 it shows what I think that I need and is like my strip till is setup.
Page 401 shows the use of the Raven adaptor cable, which is a lot different.

End results is, can I connect the old Raven valves like the Accuflow system?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)