AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this Price Fixing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

CRAIGP
Posted 7/28/2007 09:27 (#179518 - in reply to #179327)
Subject: RE: Is this Price Fixing?....Seed guys...is this best for ag?

SPARTA, WI
I think this selling season will tell me more about whether I like the new set up or not. As a smaller dealer I think it will help me maintain the current customers I have but, they have never been a problem keeping as repeat customers because I spend time with them thoughout the summer. The folks that it will affect the most are the farmers that buy from a different retailer ever year. They will probably find less people knocking on their door to get that business unless that person is willing to go all the way to get them to become repeat customers. This would involve going out to see them a few times during the summer and walking their fields to show them the value of placing seed in the right conditions for that hybrid/variety to do its best. So the long winded answer is yes, it will benefit the farmer, as long as the farmer sees the benefit of having an agronomist walk their fields with them during the growing season. I guess I don't consider that a frill just part of doing good business.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)