AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this Price Fixing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 7/28/2007 09:41 (#179525 - in reply to #179328)
Subject: Re: Is this Price Fixing?

Amherst WI
What I think DK is doing is giving the bigger dealers like (UAP, FS, CHS) all the frills so eventually the little guy will be out of business and they don't have to deal with that <5,000 bag dealer. It is kind of crappy for the little guy, but it makes sense for big M. Sell just as much or more seed with half the dealers to baby sit and watch over.

Pioneer has kinda done the same thing here over the years. Where I work was a Pioneer dealer, I am told we sold over 7,000 bags of corn for just Pioneer. We also sold about another 4,000 bags of DK, and some smaller regional companies as well as our store brand. P did not like us giving them the whole deal and at the time their Soybeans and Alfalfa sucked. We ended up telling them to stick it and lost our dealership. They have also done this with a few other dealers here in Wisconsin, sell only ours or none of it at all.

Back to DK want an example of how the little dealer will always have the higher price? Here are some popular numbers prices from last year right out of the book form the 2007 season, now how close is this to what you paid?

50-18 $146.90
51-39 $184.90
52-40 $204.90
62-31 $149.90
63-39 $210.90
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)