AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this Price Fixing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/28/2007 13:59 (#179594 - in reply to #179546)
Subject: RE: Is this Price Fixing?....Seed guys...is this best for ag?

Chebanse, IL.....

Is it possible for all 3 to be equally important?

To my knowledge, most all the seed companies operating in this area have had staff agronomists for many-many years that were available on your call. Perhaps we're busier than many, but just having one "stop in" doesn't work here. If I call, they can come. Otherwise they can just send their multitude of monthly newsletters.

Again, I think there's an argument for all 3 (if that's all there are?) reasons. However, there's the one big hangup I have with someone telling me what we will & won't do when I'm signing their check. As far as I know, most all seed company employees (includes sales agents) are there because of farmers...aren't they? Could they exist financially very long without sales outside the company? I have no higher-learning economic training, but that doesn't seem workable.

There is another famous seed company setup with a foreign parent company that owns 3 underlings & you cannot switch brands without staying out of the system for 2 yrs. If you buy outside (whether initiated by you or salesman) that brand you will be cancelled.....period.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)