AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn silage pricing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Kingbaby
Posted 7/29/2007 10:54 (#179911 - in reply to #179847)
Subject: RE: Corn silage pricing

Greencastle, Pa.
Boy Russ, There are a LOT of farmers that would LIKE to get $32 bucks a ton for silage for what THEY had hoped would be $4.00 shelled corn in the ben>!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think that is going to happen over here in Franklin Co. The deals that I know of are in the $24/26 ton range ,buyer incures all costs of harvest. I do know of one farmer that says he wont take less then $32 per ton out of the field. I bet he comes down in price before the dust settles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God we still have about 800 tons on hand from last year so we will be just fine as far as corn silage goes. Have 118 ac to chop,that should more than fill one 1100 ton trench,refill the other one,put a 2/300 ton pile on the ground and may even have a little to sell. Where we are "hurting" is haylage!!!! We need about 1600 tons going in to late Fall,isn't going to happen this year. We have a little over half what we need at this time. Hopeing the rain will return in time for at least one more good cutting of alfalfa,but????????????????????? Did you get "wet" this week???????????? [thats a joke] We had a storm at about 3AM this morn. that left .15 in the rain gauge,that brings the grand total here at my farm in the last 47 days to a "whopping" 7 tenths of a inch [0.7"] out of eight [8] rain events. Otherwise hope all is well your way.
"Kingbaby"

Edited by Kingbaby 7/29/2007 10:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)