AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How hard is it to spray dry AMS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sparrell
Posted 7/29/2007 16:22 (#180028)
Subject: How hard is it to spray dry AMS?

Got the bill from my local co-op a few weeks ago from them spraying my Liberty Link corn in June. Can't say that I'm happy about it because the co-op decided on their own to use some liquid surfactant/liquid AMS blend in place of the 3lbs of spray grade AMS that the Liberty label says to use. I went back and re-read the Liberty label and it states very cleary that additional surfactants will not enhance performance and are not recommended. The problem is that the liquid "stuff" they used costs $6 more per acre than 3lbs of dry spray grade AMS (Almost $7 vs like 65 cents for the dry AMS) . To make matters worse, the liquid had only like 1.8lbs of AMS per acre at the rate they used. So I ended up paying much more for less than stellar performance because of their resistance to use dry AMS. I usually get outstanding service there so I haven't pushed the issue yet, but I casually asked them why they don't spray dry AMS and they mumbeled something about it plugging up the nozzles so I dropped the issue for now.

Are they right? Does dry AMS cause so many problems that I would be better off paying so much more for the liquid? I can understand their point as they have many acres to spray in a day and plugged nozzles would get old in a hurry. But on the other hand, if you all can use it with no problem, I think maybe I should find different custom sprayer or just get one myself. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)