AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How hard is it to spray dry AMS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/30/2007 08:10 (#180322 - in reply to #180028)
Subject: RE: How hard is it to spray dry AMS?

Thumb of Michigan
Never had any Liberty corn, so can't comment on the AMS issue. Sounds like a talk with the manager is well within reason in this case, though. Especially if they were off label on something.

As far as dry AMS vs Liquid- I'll use dry (maybe) IF we're going to pre-mix a nurse tank(s) with it like PB suggested. One big advantage in my mind by doing that is that every gallon of water that touches the glyphosate while mixing is treated. If I'm mixing glyphosate by the sprayer load, I made the decision a long time ago that lifes too short to dink with dry AMS. I don't like hoisting the bags around, I don't like the stuff blowing all over, I don't like trying to measure it, I don't like wasting 10 minutes or more pre mixing it and getting it out of the cone, and I don't like unplugging stuff. Other than that, its just great stuff I guess. At one time or the other, I've experianced all the downsides of dry mentioned by others. Had a lot of different ways of mixing it over the years. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, I'd end up with a big bite in the butt.

Guess I'm lucky as far as the "snake oil" stuff- I've tried lots of different additives and yield boosters and such, and theres some real junk available. Never experianced a problem with liquid AMS products, though. Found a couple of products I like, and stick with them. I think that theres way to many variables in things like water source and quality (or lack of), temperature, humidity etc to say that any additive, AMS or not, will definately work or not work in different areas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)