AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The things people do
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 8/1/2007 14:03 (#181352 - in reply to #181326)
Subject: RE: The things people do

Brazilton KS

He said he was in his corn field.

I don't think even Monsanto is stupid enough to go spraying r-up on fields "to see if something illegal is going on," although I suppose I would be tickled to have them spray a few hundred acres of our beans, preferably in a drought year. I'd say there would be a pretty good settlement involved if someone DELIBERATELY killed my soybeans by spraying them with no authority to do so.

Back to the original question: I'd probably lean toward it being a mistake. I know quite a few people who have been spraying fungicide on some of their corn have been putting a swath across fields they didn't spray for educational purposes. It's not too hard for me to believe a pilot could accidentally hit the wrong field. I'd think that he would have noticed a pickup parked at the edge of the field and skipped it though.  

Charging booms or unloading over an unknown field would not be acceptable.  That amounts to a deliberate act and I doubt any applicator would do it.  Making a mistake and hitting a field in the wrong section is just that, a mistake.  Fortunately there was probably no harm done.  

Edited by plowboy 8/1/2007 14:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)