AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much tractor do I need?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BarnstormerIH
Posted 6/14/2011 19:03 (#1818680 - in reply to #1818676)
Subject: RE: Plowboy: do you have to be a jerk all of the time?

plowboy - 6/15/2011 17:55

You disagree with my comment 100%?  

You do not think:

That a 3020 would work 25 acres in five hours?    I think it will....no need to make a bunch of passes, you are creating that on your own.  

That our neighbor used to farm what I said with the tractors I stated?  I can assure you he did, however I later realized he had another 80 in addition to what I mentioned.   His brother-in-law farmed considerably more using a 560 and later a 706, and some of it was up to six or seven miles away...but I don't think he milked.

That 25-30 hp could  till 25 acres per year?   The math does not lie, it easily could do it in a couple days.  

That lots of men farmed more then 25 acres with a B or H?     How can you disagree with that, just ask anyone who has been around a while about it. 

I will tell you what, with your vast knowledge you should add that not everyone farms in kansas and some of us have to farmin the hills and we also have weather in January that will make you cry for mommy.
That being said, we have to do tillage in that fall and in the spring and yes I would bet a 3020 will not get 25 acres finished in 5 hours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)