AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fungicides
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/2/2007 22:31 (#182089 - in reply to #182070)
Subject: RE: Fungicides....so, you're proclaiming....

Chebanse, IL.....

there will be no positive yield response in those states due to fungicide apps on corn sb in 2007? You could be right. I would assume you're saying you did NOT apply it to your farm. How did you scout & what did you see? I can't tell from your profile where you're located.

Hopefully we'll all remember to check back after harvest to verify plots. If you're right about IL-IN-OH having non-existant fungus conditions, then I doubt you'll have to worry about resistance due to overuse. Did you read the U of IL bulletin (Nafzinger) where they said they didn't understand why it worked on healthy corn? I don't know what sequitar means....but U of IL says it gave them positive results in their plots even with no disease presence. But, it wasn't always enough to cover costs...but many times it was. Sounds like much of farming to me. Seems that a lot of guys around here tend to repeat what works & give up on what doesn't.

Seems like only things that work well & are popular are exampled as "misused". Lots of products that didn't work worth a crap are dropped by the majors & MAYBE picked up by generics...or just left to die. They don't develop resistance (if one believes in that) because no one wants to use them and there's nothing to show for case studies.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)