AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Syengenta agri sure rw 604 the next star link !?!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nayrgro
Posted 9/16/2007 21:45 (#204829 - in reply to #204409)
Subject: Re: Syengenta agri sure rw 604 the next star link !?!?

Tekonsha Mi.
I believe I said that I didn't know much about the alfalfa in my original post.

I also said that M had traits that weren't approved but they clearly label them in there product guide and on the seed bag. I don't have a NK seed guide so I couldn't tell you if it had any such label. If not it should have, at least that is my opinion.

Another thing that I don't understand is why the ethanol plant won't take the S trait. They sold it to farmers and now they wont take it. Why?

I am not slamming anyone I am asking a question to see if anyone had an answer.

Finally M makes money because they invented the best product and patented it. Just like Pioneer did in the past. They had better hybrids and charged more for them. Would you have expected Pioneer 4 or 5 years ago (when they had hands down the best corn around) to give out there parents to there best hybrids? Do you think that would be anything similar to the anti trust laws that were mentioned in an earlier post? M does not own the genome of soybeans or corn or alfalfa etc..... all are welcome to try to invent what they want.

The market place will tell the story and the farmer will buy the best product for there farm that will make the most money for them. For me personally that is M and there traits (at the present time) it may not be that way for others and I am not trying to shove this down anyone's through. It is just my opinion. I was not trying to bash S and if I did it was unintentional.

M needs a better image with the American Farmer when they have (I am not positive on this figure) some where around 20% of the corn grown in the USA Is Dekalb. If that many people are buying it are they buying it and hating M or do the people that buy it just not post here? Once again I am not trying to argue, I am not set in my ways, I am trying to learn. I would say that 5% of my gross income comes from selling seed. Therefore growing corn, soybeans and a little wheat is my main income. My father has had the Dekalb seed dealership for 47 years, so I am a Dekalb man to a point I mean I grew up with the eared wing and looked forward to our field days. But in the past I have also grown the corn that would make the most money on my farm and that was not always Dekalb or Asgrow.

Well sorry if I got anyone's blood pressure too high I was just stating my option and also looking forward to some feed back not insults.

Have a safe and bountiful harvest everyone
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)