AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

boiler room
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

dko_scOH
Posted 11/23/2011 09:32 (#2063972 - in reply to #2063267)
Subject: RE: boiler room

39.48, -82.98

I think it should be obvious why we no longer routinely notify users of strikes. The justifications and recriminations can go on for days.

Some things to keep in mind: First, the most egregious of posts have been removed, so a Search will not find them. Second, not all strikes are from the BR. Lately, Market Talk has been a problem for more and more people. Still, it is BR where most people lose it. By restricting access to those with two strikes, we're trying to keep users from getting banned. The great majority of the site is still available to those who value an ag-related forum.

Earlier this year, about 20 users decided they would tell the admins/mods and about 20,000 other people how this site would be run. Their actions led to tighter controls on how AgTalk is administered. I regret having to do that, as it is my inclination to allow maximum freedom. That works, so long as people show respect for others. Things have calmed down a lot since then and over the last couple of months I have eased off a little on what will pass. Don't try the "F-bomb" or make racist jokes, though. If that is how you have to talk, you still have the Bash1 and Bash2 boards.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)