AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on Golden Harvest seed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nayrgro
Posted 9/20/2007 00:33 (#206518 - in reply to #205442)
Subject: Re: Thoughts on Golden Harvest seed.

Tekonsha Mi.
I am bias of course but one of my good friends used to sell GH he got out of it because he said it didn't pay for his time. I guess I would look at the program that they are willing to give you as far as payment. Is it a trend thing where you must grow each year and put out more tech. every year to get paid. Also there may be a little backlash about the Agrisure Mir 604 event they released. In Mi. there is a fert. and herbicide company that is on wed by the local ethanol plat in the last few weeks the thornily and some of the other local elevators said they wouldn't tale any Agri sure Mir 604 rw event,

I think that is BS if the same company sold you the seed that wont take the grain wont take it than that is just wrong.

Also here in Mi. GH has cut the field support staff in half from what I have heard and half of the good reps I know are going to the big M.

So my advice would be find out how much support you have as far as reps and agronomists, and what your profit will be per bag, also look at some plot data and see if you would be comfortable selling this product to your friends.

From a seed dealers point of view the biggest gripe I have if that they want you to drop every thing during panting to go unload one or two bags in the middle of planting. Also the fact you will be selling to friends and if it don't work that make allot of tension.

But over all if the contract looks good and you think you can make a little extra cash doing it and you would plant there product on your own farm if you weren't a dealer than go for it!!!

GOOD LUCK
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)