AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 9/22/2007 11:25 (#207670 - in reply to #207628)
Subject: RE: I need help

north central Oklahoma
Biggest problem with most of us is greed, the coulda/shoulda/woulda syndrome. I sold a little July '07 wheat last week, already up another dime on July. So be it. If I can raise a decent crop, I can make money at $5.66. Remember, it can fall just as easily, if not easier, due to the speculators involved, that it went up. I have gone to my share of marketing meetings and always come out in the top 10% of the class in our make beleive crop year, but find it hard to apply with the same resolve in real life. Kinda like CPR, that dummy is a pushover, but doin' it in real life (on a stranger to boot)for the first time was a challenge. Knowing your costs and don't look at what you coulda had, but market a portion and hold some for a possible rally.

I think agriculture is looking at some good commodity prices for a handful of years to come, it's our turn (this should go in thread below), but we can also have some wild gyrations due to the speculators that shovel money around for the heck of it just to see if they can make a buck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)