AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ten foot tall and bulletproof?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 12/10/2011 12:49 (#2095516 - in reply to #2082644)
Subject: Balance

It is hard to talk about personal issues with your name and location known. I hope you never have to listen to a lawyer read your post back to you in front of a jury. You will learn that context and humor are not part of the questions. Sense of humor is overrated. Nothing seems funny once they start in on you. Nope, no more name and location here. I will float around under different names with no location. If the case gets big enough they can spend the money to dig up the records by court order. They will not simply type in my name and find every post on the internet I made or someone made about me. Or even someone made in my name. Never again.

We say mean things. Sometimes they are said because they need to be for various reasons. Maybe because someone needs to know and that is the only way to get the message out. Or, we just need to say it to release the rage within. Often we say mean things to friends as a sign of acceptance and comfort in being around them. I find what is funny in groups (in person) does not translate to funny on the net. I lost a very good friend on here because of a comment made in fun. If we had been standing around with friends everyone would have laughed. Unfortunately more than friends were here. They took the comments and twisted them into something mean. That little slip allowed others to attack. Just an example of how we have to mindful that we are not alone or even among friends. We are in front of the entire computer generation. Someone will find fault with anything we say.

I find a lot of things funny and have a twisted, quick sense of humor. I don't allow it to show here any more.

Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)