AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minnesota harvest survey from the highway
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gunner
Posted 10/17/2007 13:34 (#221322 - in reply to #221021)
Subject: RE: Minnesota harvest survey from the highway

Modena, Wisconsin

Jim,

That is how it looks north of LaCrosse around me.  I think 50% on beans may be optimistic.  We have been lucky in the fact that we have not had as much rain but still have not gotten much done due to lack of drying days.  Our ground conditions are still ok but we seem to get a little rain about every third day and nothing but cloudy, still days in between so the beans stay too wet to combine.  It is still a little early for corn for us, mainly just the high moisture people, a few people with large number of acres and then the ones who always need to be done the first minute things are possibly ready.  I am still a little over 2 weeks from starting corn and hoping for some good weather between now and then so the combines can finish the beans before then.  Worst case is we will run corn in the mornings and late night when the beans are too tough.  The beans are running decent down in the bottoms of the valleys where there was more soil moisture this summer and as you go up the hills the are running considerably less. 

Gunner

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)