AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Headline, Coron, or both??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/28/2006 19:57 (#22613 - in reply to #22536)
Subject: RE: Headline, Coron, or both?? Questions

Chebanse, IL.....

MLD, we've used some Coron last yr, but I have questions for you, or anyone else contemplating it's use. I'm not discrediting the product, I'm just not sure how it should be used yet.

You say you used it primarily as a carrier for your Rup & Liberty? @ 2 gpa? Was that your total carrier? If so-wow!

Now, the problem I have w/using Coron in conjunction w/herbicide is the "target". I believe Coron is a foliar feed product. I believe it has little value in soil absorption, unless accompanied by a nice rain. So-we'd like 100% of it to go onto the plant surface....if possible. But-what about your herbicides? Unless you have some new kind of Rup or LL, I believe they're NOT translocated thru the plant, are they? So, when one applies Coron, Headline, Roundup, or Liberty....where do you want the BULK of your product (includes carrier/pesticide) to go? On the ground below the leaves (= weed targets) or in the corn whorl & on the leaf surface for the Coron value?

Now-Coron & fungicide should certainly both stay on the plant. Do you locate your spray tips longitudinally with your row direction?

We didn't see as dramatic results as you-but compared it to sidedress NH3.

Edited by Ron..NE ILL..10/48 6/28/2006 20:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)