AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LDP screwup: need help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 6/29/2006 03:39 (#22696 - in reply to #22492)
Subject: RE: LDP screwup: need help

Guest - 6/28/2006 07:50

was waiting until after the first of the year to LDP a bunch of corn that had been delivered and sold to the elevator at harvest and then completely forgot to LDP it.

I don't think you have any chance of going back & fixing it - it's gone.

My question is on the above - the crop must be LDP'ed _before_ you lose ownership on it. How can you sell at harvest to the elevator, & then wait until after the first of the year to collect? That sounds illegal there, so I must not be understanding right....

Even if you collected LDP on the day of the sale, from my office you only have 30 days to get the paperwork in - you can't defer the collection for 1/2 a year or whatever. I start corn harvest early to feed cattle, & one time it took 34 days from the time I started until I finished & turned in the paperwork - was heck to pay to get anything to work out, paperwork was only good for 30 days.....

So, I'm curious about what it is you are able to do with selling at harvest but collectiong LDP after the 1st of the year - but considering your loss, sorry about it & I won't stay up waiting for a better explination. :)

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)