AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pop up Fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Roger/TN
Posted 11/10/2007 09:05 (#235174)
Subject: Pop up Fertilizer

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I just bought a planter with pop-up fertilizer attachment on it. Currently, all P&K and a small portion of the N is truck spread and then side dress approximately 2/3 of the N needs on the corn and cotton.

I am a hill billy from TN and not familiar with this process of starter fertilizer. I know just enough to be dangerous but here is what I have gathered in my limited research to date:

1. everyone I have spoken with that have used this application has been very pleased with the results
2. we plant mainly no till corn, cotton and try to push the planting dates as soon as we can (so we are usually planting in cold and wet ground). the shot of fertilizer should really help out considering the conditions.
3. you cannot put the complete P&K fertilizer down at planting. It really is just like a shot of fertilizer right on the row that helps the plant get a jump start on growing in less than ideal conditions.

OK, can someone give me a good reference source to read, or give me a quick summary of what I need to look out for? Am I correct in the above points, or am I totally lost?

I am meeting a local sales rep that is knowledgeable in this area, but do not want to be a total dummy when I met with him.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)