AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Newest post to the top
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 4/30/2012 09:17 (#2361479 - in reply to #2361201)
Subject: Re: Newest post to the top

West Union, Illinois

Q500 -  From my experience that function creates some awesome threads that can stay current and get hundreds of thousands of views or even in the millions.
My first thought is "So who cares how many views it has?"  Actually this is one of those dead horse items.  It has been beaten to death repeatedly.  Having worked with a few forums that did as you suggest my only response is

NO!

It might be OK on a lower volume forum, but it would make a totally disorganized mess out of AgTalk.

I guess I'm an old timer here.  But I've seen too many forums "improved" by newer and greater ideas that ruined them.  I'd advocate making change slowly when possible to make sure it is an improvement and not just a good idea that didn't work.  Sometimes you have to take a deep breath and jump, like when volume overwhelms the current system.

When I get on I click on Your Active Threads to see if there has been anything new.  I have my skins changed to fit my preferences (I changed colors and my default is threaded view) and to tell me I'm not logged in. Play around with the customization and you may find you can make it do most of what you want.

(ScreenShot165.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScreenShot165.jpg (53KB - 574 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)