AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Various cover crop pics.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 11/13/2007 09:59 (#237023 - in reply to #236954)
Subject: RE: Various cover crop pics.

Thumb of Michigan
I like that idea a lot. Please post pics when you get it done, I'd be interested in looking at it.

One thing I didn't mention before and should. Radish seed is pretty hard. If it doesn't germinate in the fall, it will in the spring. May or may not be an issue. First time we flew radish into corn, we had very little come up that fall. Came great the next spring, right into non-GMO soys. Had a heck of a time killing it. Glyphosate will control it, but anyway something that may be a problem for some.

On a sort of different note- I have some friends who planted oats in 30" rows, and peas in 30" with a 15" drill or planter in the fall. Don't recall exactly what they used now. Anyway, they planted corn the next spring where the oats were, leaving the peas to supply N. They killed the peas when they felt the time was right, and again I don't remember now when they pulled the trigger. They live in southern Kansas, getting peas through the winter is a safe bet. Anyway, that sort of thing, and what you're going to try, really intrigues me. Where theres a will theres a way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)