AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dribble 28% on corn planter ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Husker02
Posted 11/14/2007 09:34 (#237751 - in reply to #237344)
Subject: RE: Dribble 28% on corn planter ?

SE Nebraska
I have worked with many that are dribbling starter on with the planter, ussually a blend of 28%, 10-34-0, thisul, and any thing else required for the situation. I really like about a 30-30-0-6 blend in this area, but every situation is different.

Barney Gordon at KSU has done a lot of work with the dribble application over the last few years. he was the one that opened up my eyes to it. Below is a link for the 2002 KSU Fertility Research Summary. Check out pages 30-33, they discuss blends and drip application.

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/library/crpsl2/srp903.pdf

Simple to set up, just a tube ussually attached to the closing wheel arm on Kinze and Deere. I've seen similar setups on Case, but it takes a little more work to set up. I like to see it 1"-2" off to side of seed.

I've seen about the best results from those that run both a dribble application and in-furrow application. Some just have some of the product running in furrow and some out the back (can't put thio-sul in that blend though). Best seems to be to run a non-corrosive like 9-18-9 or 6-24-6 in furrow at about 2 GPA, then a blend like mentioned above in a dribble applicaiton.

Edited by Husker02 11/14/2007 09:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)