AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KSU MAST Program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 11/16/2007 06:57 (#239221 - in reply to #239056)
Subject: Re: KSU MAST Program

Aberdeen MS
I used to be a "professional" about 20 some years ago. Soil sampling/consulting. I started right when the 80's crisis did and didn't have the "business sense" as to what it took to ground floor start a business and it folded within 2 1/2 yrs.

Currently I'm just a grower in southern MN with a small mid sized operation (600 acre grain operation) operating 100% solely.

As far as the "learning" mode goes. All depends on your attitude going in and during. Self motivation will make you successful with it or failure. But the failure part will be by your own definition. This is a "no credit" course. Do with the info you receive as you wish. In a sense....faculty could care less ( they do of course or they wouldn't have taken the extreme time and effort to put it together in the first place). As Terry mentioned during the intro about the different modules..... it's ALL optional. Last time I sat in a class room was over 35 yrs ago at NDSU.

I'll go out on a limb with a statement that isn't meant to sound demeaning or is it to imply anything at all. If you question your ability to get back into the "learning mode", you already have a limiting factor in your ability to "grow" in what ever job/profession you are in now. Every day is a learning process both professionally and personally if you go into each day with your eyes open.

I'm 53, and I will have to say MAST will probably be the most exciting and profitable "class" I have participated in to date. But I have a never ending quest and thirst for information and knowledge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)