AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Mr. Wilson or others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 7/5/2006 07:16 (#24174 - in reply to #24105)
Subject: Re: Question for Mr. Wilson or others

Little River, TX
I subscribe to the agricultural weather forecast from Ag Weather Information Service. see www.awis.com
They have a free 3 day forecast, but it is not the most accurate as it uses a large foot print, more than a 100 mile radius.
I pay for a full years subscription seeing as we have 12 months where something is growing. You can subscribe to a quarter of a year if you so desire at a good savings.
Some of the data they publish is directly from NOAA. Most of the forecast is massaged by their computer using a variety of source information. Their computer is affectionately referred to as Refrigerator.

Their background is many were with NOAA when the Government was interested in publishing agriculture weather. I think even the janitor has a PhD.

If you become interested give me another shout and I will direct you to the information I use for hay farming. BTW I use a spread sheet and record the data every day and then look at the trends.

AWIS has some big accounts but they still seem to find time for my idiot questions.

Contact information is on their web site.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)