AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying question.........bear with me........crop oil and surfactant.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

myfarm
Posted 11/29/2007 08:32 (#248560 - in reply to #248420)
Subject: Re: Spraying question.........bear with me........crop oil and surfactant.

Rich, our weather here is very much like in your area. I do most of my own spraying, and have found the "85 degree shut-off" to be a generalization. It depends on what chemical you are spraying as to the volatility temp. Also, it depends on whether there are other crops in the area that are susceptible to the chemical you are using. With the right set-up you can start spraying at daylight ant cover a lot of acres before the temp. gets too high. It doesn't all have to be sprayed in one day, if you plan ahead. Wind forecasts are generally accurate about direction, so plan ahead to spray where you need say a north wind or maybe another field that you need a south wind, etc.
As far as what additives to use, the label will guide you. Since only you know what your spraying requirements are likely to be next year, you could start planning now by getting specimen labels for the chemicals you may need and study them ahead of time. I know it is frightening to think about, but really, it is all just common sense. The best thing about having your own sprayer is that you can do it when it needs doing, and when the conditions are right instead of having to wait until it fits in for a commercial operator.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)