AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying question.........bear with me........crop oil and surfactant.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 11/29/2007 11:01 (#248676 - in reply to #248656)
Subject: Re: Spraying question.........bear with me........crop oil and surfactant.

Western CO
There is some antagonism with R'up and atrazine -- I think I used to have a chart that told how much extra R'up to add based on how much atrazine is in the mix. For burndown I would recommend a mix dependent on what you have growing -- Dean's right if you have only grasses (vol. wheat, cheat, joint) that you might as well leave the banvel and 2,4-d out of the mix. But if there are broadleaves out there I would add one or both of them to the mix (especially for kochia, wild buckwheat, and prickly lettuce). You will get a short residual control of some broadleaves with the banvel (up to a week for each oz. used). I see a lot of guys try to leave their burndown for a while and get more weeds started but then the early started ones start to get pretty good sized and they are taking a bunch of moisture and will more than likely be harder to kill by the time you try to burn them down.

"Here" I try to have my spring burn down done by the first of April or shortly thereafter depending on the weather. But we don't have much moisture to waste. Same thing with post-harvest after wheat -- I see lots of guys try to get by with one shot and then by the time they spray the weeds are getting pretty mature and moisture stressed and are much harder to kill. Only good weed here is a dead one, and the sooner the better. I usually start spraying after harvest as soon as we get done with the combine. You also never know when you might get one of those summer wet spells and not get in the field. Well I sort of rambled by the time I got this done but these were the things I was thinking of.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)