AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying question.........bear with me........crop oil and surfactant.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hawken Cougar
Posted 11/29/2007 13:50 (#248821 - in reply to #248662)
Subject: RE: AMS and Glyphosate.............

So. IL
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/nursery-weeds/feature_articles/AS_plus_...

Like many crop inputs the use of AMS is certainly optional. If you have experience spraying ryegrass covercrops you will likely have a better appreciation of the potential benefit that AMS can provide. Depending on the amount of carrier that you use to apply glyphosate, the use of granular AMS can cost anywhere from 5 - 75 cents per acre just for the product.

The potential benefit of AMS has a lot to do with the type of water that you use, the conditions that you are spraying in and the target species of weed being sprayed. I look at using AMS with glyphosate the same as I would look at using N-Serve with anhydrous ammonia. Under the right conditions both can have a positive return on investment. Neither can be used as a rescue treatment.

Using AMS costs me $0.375 per acre for the product. I treat it like buying insurance. I'll continue to buy this one for now.

FWIW - One other observation that I have seen is that RR soybeans appear to green up immediately after an application of glyphosate containing AMS when the rate of AMS used is in the 50 - 75 cents per acre range. I don't know if this translates into improved yield however it sure makes the beans look nice.

Edited by Hawken Cougar 11/29/2007 13:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)