AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glyphosate Price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dave morgan
Posted 11/30/2007 11:10 (#249571 - in reply to #248527)
Subject: RE: Because grain prices are higher

Somerville, Indiana
I doubt that it all has to do with higher price of grain, supply and demand more so to me. remember NH3 spiking up when corn was still cheap, and we had to pay our fertilize bill with LDP.

Remember when 7- 28-28 was $99 a ton and came in a sack if you wanted it. homogenized. something we don't hear much about anymore. 9-23-30 took its place here, was a little under $200 at ton spread here for a long time. $0.67 diesel a long time too. now diesel is $2.90, 9.23.30 is $858 a ton. But a $25.000 combine is now $200,000.

Different companys surely had to raise prices to pay their employees for research and production.

I am sure Buccaneer needed more money to make glyso.

Even China needs more money.

did you know the US of A consumes 25% of world crude? 3 times the next largest consumer, China where most still ride bicycles. Japan is next at 6.8, Germany at 3.2, Russia at 3, India at 3, Canada at 2.8, Mexico at 2.4 all $ pts. How can we use 25% of world crude and Canada only 2.8%? looks likeit would take more than that to keep them warm during their super cold winters.

Bottom line is, we all been so thankful the dollar is worthless [well, maybe wrong, almost worthless] so we can cash in on grain prices. Its finally coming home. We have shipped all our manufacturing and suppliers away so we have to have those supplies shipped in to us. Serves us right for buying cheaper overseas products. It is finally coming back to haunt us. Now the foreigners are even building facilities here in the US of A, using our 'cheap scab labor' and hauling worthless $$$ back to their place by the barge full. I has come home to roost. Wait and see what happens when corn goes back to $2.50/bu and we still have to buy supplies with worthless money.

Lets go to Walmart, maybe we can buy our supplies there.

Isn't it amazing when a person can make $50,000 a year? He is proud of that. But the mere thought of someone else making money off his production is totally unbearable. Worthless money in a different pocket.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)