AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glyphosate Price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 11/30/2007 20:08 (#249893 - in reply to #249377)
Subject: Re: Glyphosate Price

Near-north Ontario, French River
lmeppem, we use Touchdown IQ here( there are other glyphos products available, IQ just happens to be the one we use) . Its a 360g/L product. We buy it for around $7.85/L depending on quantity discounts etc. Currently Canadian dollar is very close to par with the US greenback so that would work out to $6,98 Aussieroos if my math is right. I know out in western Canadian glyphose is typically much cheaper then here in Ontario but I beleive that more of a supply and demand thing. While southern Ontario 'seems' like an intensely cultivated area it is like a pimple on an elephants butt when compared to the western grain areas where RR canola etc is a big chunk of the market. Do I like paying more then my western neighbours? But the gyphos boys will charge what the market will bare,and in a smaller market like Ontario the manufactures urge to compete for market share isnt a prevalent. Realistically too many guy s have bought into the RR program ,( many have grown conventional beans for 10 years or more, so much that they probably couldnt follow a conventional program if their life depended on it !) that they would likely willingly pay $10/L for glyphos just to keep the ease and convenience of weed control that glyphos offers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)