AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Boom to Rawson Accu-Rate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/1/2007 07:52 (#250152 - in reply to #250067)
Subject: RE: EZ-Boom to Rawson Accu-Rate

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, I think that should work. I did something similar last Spring for a setup involving an Insight with the Seed Command module. Normally the output from the Seed Command module either connects to an air Valve box for the Tru-Count air clutches or a clutch harness for planters with existing electric clutches.

In this case, I made a custom tee that goes between the Rawson Switch box to the Rawson unit. This Tee connected to the output from the Seed Command and utilized a relay. In normal operation, the Planting Switch on the Rawson switchbox was left in the ON or Plant position. When an end was reached, the Autoswath feature relay opened and the circuit between the Rawson Switch box and the Rawson control was opened. The system then behaved as if the operator had manually shut the Rawson switch OFF.

The advantage of using this Tee connection is that no wires are cut in the Rawson harness so that the layout can easily be returned to "original". I always like this approach especially if things do work out quite as planned.

Macy's suggestion of using the EZ-Boom to interact with the Implement switch should accomplish the same result. There might be slight operational differences under unusual circumstances but I think that either approach amounts to the same thing with a single section planter.

I believe that the Rawson setup that I did had the planter split into two sections. I am thinking that I used a relay for the "left half" and another for the "right half". Thus the two halves might be shut off at different times for point rows. Macy's Implement switch approach would of course, shut off the entire planter all at once. This may or may not be a consideration.

In this Planter setup, the Ag Leader Serial App Rate module was also used so that the planting population could be controlled via the Insight and an Rx Map if desired. In a sense the Population was really a separate situation. The Insight "told" the Rawson what population was desired at the various parts of the field via the serial cable connection between the Ag Leader App Rate Module and the Rawson. The Insight was creating an "as applied Population Map" and a variety map as Planting progressed.

As is discussed in an earlier post, Split Planting in its purest form is not supported with this combination.

I need to investigate and review these concepts as we are getting some requests for these types of combination setups for next year.

Edited by tedbear 12/1/2007 08:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)