AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how much does 20 grains of rice weigh?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 12/2/2007 18:06 (#251204 - in reply to #250974)
Subject: RE: beg to differ

north central Oklahoma
I don't know for sure, but would think rice counts out about the same per bushel as wheat does. At ballpark seed counts of 1 to 1.1 million seeds per bushel divided into the 5.5 billion they say they have donated, that only comes out to about 5000 bushel of rice more or less. There are millions of hungry kids, and yes it would feed a few, but not what it appears on the label to do. And just because they say they are doing it on the web does not mean it is actually taking place. I admire those that want to help the less fortunate, but we pick and choose our charities, support them well, as we know all the money goes to the cause, and not to "handlers". There is so much corruption these days, internet, phone, etc. We take care of our local charitable organizations, and phone solicitors get zip, I don't trust them. And if others take care of their locals, then all is taken care of in the world without sending it to unknowns.

Just the way we operate. There is an organization that we have sopported in the past called Feed The Poor. Found out that almost 95% of what is donated goes directly to cause. They solicit many food and grain sources for grain, not money, and have volunteers to transport for free or very little cost. And they are on the other end to distibute, and this assures that grain diesn't not sit on the docks and rot, get eaten by mice, or played political games with by the government that is in control there.

my two pesos,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)