AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anybody else feel this way?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Brian sepa
Posted 12/3/2007 13:05 (#251785 - in reply to #251742)
Subject: RE: Yup, it's frustrating......

Lancaster County, Pa.
It can go the other way too. You have to pay for CB and RW just to get RR, and that doesn't take care of the, refuge. It does seem to me that a fellow should at least be able to buy just the plain base genetics of any given variety if he wants. I have no doubt that there are financial motivtions, but there are also some practical issues of warehousing as well. For the sake of discussion lets look just at one company. I have in front of me some Pioneer propagan...ah.....literature. I have basically 10 different base genetic packages that I am choosing from. Before Poncho and GMO's Pioneer needed to warehouse several seed sizes for each variety. How many sizes, may be 6? That would make 60 separate piles of seed. (10 varietys x 6 seed sizes) add poncho: high rate, low rate, no rate. Now we have 180 piles. Now add any number of combinations of CB, CW, and RR. It's phenominal! Having said all that, I don't disagree w/ you at all, getting the variety with the traits with the seed size(I could make do with any size, just so it's all the same and I can't even get that)you want is almost impossible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)