AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beeline Sold to Outback GPS for $21 million
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MidNight Mapper
Posted 12/13/2007 19:56 (#259310 - in reply to #258086)
Subject: Re: Beeline Sold to Outback GPS for $21 million

Colorado and Oz
I think you need to re-check your base information. What I believe is the story, is that Hemisphere is the dominate provider of GPS navigation for agricultural aircraft - like 80 percent. What role they will play with Cat equipement and its associated powerlines is debatebale. More and more of Cat's graders are being equipped with Trimble Auto-nav-like autosteer systems and I suspect that relationship will be stonger and confirmed in the near future? Ag only is 18-22 percent of Trimble's annual sales... consturction and survey essentially represents largely the other portions. Beeline's sale was cash and stock as noted in the Brisbane paper: $15 million in cash and $10 million in Hemisphere stock. The Beeline stockholders where pushing for a "liquidity event" (I guess that is code for they wanted their money/profits back?). Hemisphere notes that they have 3200 dealers in 140 countries. The CEO/inventor of Beeline's equipment provided that Beeline was a $20 million (AU$ - about $18millionUS) annual sales outfit. Its significant but is not dominate ... my best guess is that Trimble ag-products do $30+ million US or more per quarter and is growing at over 50 percent annually at the moment. So when you guys have income, Trimble and others do well...

In mid-October, Trimble noted to be on a run rate of a billion dollar sales for 2007 reported: Revenue for the third quarter of 2007 was $296.0 million, up approximately 26 percent from revenue of $234.9 million in the third quarter of 2006. For the same quarter Field Solutions (TFS) revenue was $44.8 million (80 percent AG-Systems?), up 53 percent compared to $29.2 million in revenue in the third quarter of 2006. Sales of both agricultural and geographic information system products were strong, with particular strength driven by the continued robust farm economy.

The Brisbane paper's picture headline was Williams standing on Fendt tractor.

Edited by MidNight Mapper 12/13/2007 19:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)