AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rotary Hay Rakes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Guest ~ ecMN
Posted 7/17/2006 09:46 (#27345 - in reply to #27261)
Subject: RE: Rotary Hay Rakes

I'm not knocking any of the rake Mfg's, but as I have been researching if I want to buy the machnery to get into the hay business (currently doing it on shares), I have seen quite a few rotary rakes sitting in dealers yards through out the haying areas of central Mn. They don't look very used, but have not asked the dealers why so may used rakes on your lots. By far the biggest sellers are the wheel rakes ~ but the down fall aspect with a wheel rake is they add dirt, dust and small stones to the alfalfa or hay. The basket rakes seem to be a dead horse, and some of the large dairys are going after the big rotary rakes (very spendy). There is a Mfg (circle?) out your way that makes "depth fingers" for their wheel rakes that claim it's the cats meow and the best to help elemenate stones and dirt in the windrow. Personally from what I have research (if money is no object), I'd look at Krone rotary rakes. I like their rakes better due to their design, even though more Kuhn rotarys are sold then other brands rotary rakes in our area.
Good luck . . . .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)