AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

United States 2007 Census of Agriculture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 1/3/2008 06:43 (#274397 - in reply to #274303)
Subject: RE: Paranoia?? Trust?

Chebanse, IL.....

Lucas

Do you read all the replies? I'd guess most of us don't trust the govt, you, or anyone else w/our confidential information. Broad, general questions....maybe OK. I wish the census were printed on line so everyone could see all the questions. Many are intricate...certainly not broad or general.

Once again I'll say, the St of IL SOLD our drivers license information to outside vendors a few yrs back & everyone's junk mail ran rampant. St of IL said they needed to do it for income. However, they first said they didn't do it & wouldn't. Later it was revealed & admitted to. But, we trusted them. They lied. Probably only happens on a state level....right?

I'm guessing you may be more trustworthy than most. I'm fairly trustworthy here on this NAT site, but I only tell people what I want to tell them. You can demand any answer from me that you want, but you probably won't get it. I don't think there's any financial or legal means for you to pry it from me either. However, it seems different with census. There must be some general problem w/returns because they print the consequences right in the instructions. Is that normal? Why would they do that for the seemingly few rebels?

Once again, you & a few others bring up the FSA-ASCS payments (I assume you want CCC in there also?) vs returns on the 5 yr census that not everyone gets. I suggest to you like I did the other poster who's for some reason changed his mind on here.....first go to your local FSA & tell them of your plan, maybe they think it'll be a really good one. Then go to your local legislators (federal) & tell them. I'd also recommend the Farm Bureau. They may offer help to you also....certainly they'll get you in contact with all the congress people on the ag committee. They're not doing much right now. I think we're supposed to be getting the final version of the 2005 Farm bill any year now. Maybe you could discuss that shortcoming w/your FSA while you're there. If it becomes law that all recipients (or potential recipients) of FSA/CCC monies must first complete a census (probably won't be called a census any longer...it'll be an application & I don't think they'll be able to ask your color any longer) then I suppose that most will.

Please advise us on your quest. Finally-why do you use our information from the NASS? For what means?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)