AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1480 concaves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 7/17/2006 19:53 (#27485 - in reply to #27267)
Subject: Re: 1480 concaves

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
JWAB, try the cover plates first,they cost under $100 for all three and install in 1/2 hour. If by chance you can't make the large wire concave/cover plate setup work,you can always get a set of small wire concaves at any combine parts store.
I have used the large wire concave/cover plate setup for a dozen years and have yet to find any crop where they do not do an excellent threshing job,even the toughest threshing spring wheat. I would bet Red Wrench has never tried that lW concave/cover plate setup or he would not make the blanket statement that they are worthless in small grain. The harvest brand design cover plate is by far the easiest to install/remove,as they do not use J bolts,just a clip and a 3/8 bolt.
Do not let anyone talk you into using concave filler plates, they fit above the concave wires and do not leave enough bar exposed to do a good threshing job. Cover plates fit under the concave wires and leave the full bar exposed to do a good threshing job plus the cover plates install/remove without lowering the concave which you must do to install filler plates. I hate buying two sets of concaves,and hate the dirty job of changing them worse. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)