AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

United States 2007 Census of Agriculture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 1/3/2008 20:54 (#274945 - in reply to #274595)
Subject: RE: Paranoia?? Trust?

Chebanse, IL.....

Basically you're right. I personally feel no circumstances are appropriate. If that's not clear, lets say NO FURTHER AG CENSUS would make me happy. Yes, I'll tell my legislators, FSA, & FB office that also.

Should anyone be using data gleaned from obviously unwilling respondants for personal financial gain?

Yes, I'd say anyone is naive if they think that somehow my data doesn't go where you don't think it should. I'd say that Illinois is a pretty big entity. I'm guessing there were more licensed drivers in IL than there are farmers in the entire USA....so what makes that scandal so small? It's a pretty small shift from state govt to US govt. Quite a few governors shift easily to Pres.

What if all my submitted data (however supposed confidential) had been floating around on that laptop last yr instead of the veterans data? Sure-the rules read like the "administrator" can only give data to another "administrator" like it's only one guy in a suit giving it to another guy in a suit in confidentiality, but we all know that's b.s. & it means anyone in that office of 10,000 people can give it to anyone else in the other office of 10,000 people....or any of their subcontractors.

What do the final few pages of the census have to do with anything? How in the world can anyone be comfortable with reporting finances of your landlords? That's absurd. I realize you didn't design the questions-but I believe you value them.

Finally....if there were absolutely NO fear of fines or retribution, do you personally feel the return rate would be the same as it is now? Why or why not? Is the majority always wrong?

Edited by Ron..NE ILL..10/48 1/3/2008 20:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)