AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Syrup / Molasses in Tank Mix.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

usafarmer
Posted 1/4/2008 17:57 (#275587 - in reply to #275408)
Subject: RE: Corn Syrup / Molasses in Tank Mix.

Newfane NY
I did some side by side tests on our cabbage and found I was getting great spreading, sticking and retension using ^6oz per acre. ie 1 gal in a 20 acre tank. I am saving $35 per tank when I use Fish as the acidifier and molasses as the sticker/spreader. Plus I get the added good stuff from the fish and molasses for free. The savings comes from NOT using the commercial LI-700.

Once I saw what it did on the cabbage I used molasses on all our soybean, green beans and what corn I had left to spray.

I have to go 75 miles one way to a feed mill and I get it bulk for 15 cents/ lb.
Wife takes a 275 mini bulk and spends the day seeing her sister while they are filling it.

If you are by a sorghum mill, I sure would check out what they do with their "opps" batches and get all I could use.

I was a non-believer until this spring when I tried Ed's sugar in N on barley to soften the N burn. It worked as Ed. said and I started reading more and the more I read the more the 2 by 4 up side my head hurt.

I found a supplier that would guide me WITHOUT telling me that "you will make this much more money if you use my stuff". We have a very good relationship and I plan on it being long.......as long as he does not use the organic word in our conversations.....lol

usafrmer John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)