AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Peering through the market window
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

fishinmind
Posted 1/7/2008 13:00 (#277764 - in reply to #277674)
Subject: Re: Peering through the market window

Great web site--certainly enjoy the civil discussions that occur most of the time. SC is a great addition. As a further comment on "give-ups", both commercial and large spec traders prefer at times to remain anomynous. There are lot's of people who think they understand new issues by attempting to identify who is doing what (Buy or Sell) and in what quantities in the pit. As an example, if a broker traditionaly handling the deck of orders for a large commercial firm, starts buying aggressively, the marketplace observers would say--"commercials are buying" which could suggest export sales have been made. Conversley, if a brokerage firm known to have a relationship with a large fund trader starts selling aggressivley, the pit commentators would report that activity as possible fund liquidation. Truth be known, never sure it was really a difference maker. Only gave a commenator something to blog about. I paid attention because I did not wish to miss certain kinds of trades. If I wished to hide the fact of my trades (nobody may have ever cared) I would give the actual trade to a different broker in the pit and have him give the fills to my clearing firm as SC indicated before the close that day. Hence the term---"give-up". Give-ups are more important to commercials especially when "delivery issues" are involved. Hope this helps. Have a great day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)