AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early thoughts.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

lal cenIA
Posted 1/8/2008 08:51 (#278535 - in reply to #278432)
Subject: RE: Early thoughts.

With a CO of 1.9 in corn, is today's corn prices reacting to fear of losing acres to beans? If so, the only thing to keep up the corn price after planting would be a weather scare which happens yearly, but may be more likely this year. The bean CO going from 600 last year to 200 this year is a market mover and would seem to insure stronger bean prices. With winter wheat already planted there appears to be a good acreage, but we haven't heard of any of the 9 deaths of wheat yet-what's to come there.

In looking at the posted web page I see the spike of around the 1980 time period. Farmers remember what happened during the first part of the 80's. What part could similar now?

The most concern I have is if/when the OPEC decides to change from using the $ as a pricing gauge for oil to some other monetary instrument. Mr. Senior Citizen, I find you to be very intelligent, insightful, and helpful. If OPEC changes pricing, what would happen to commodities and what should we be watching. C from Venezualia is one who could be a time bomb. Or are there other things that we farmers should be more concerned about?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)